Frequently Asked Questions
- Less Obtrusive: when not needed, our screen is almost completely out of sight and out of the way.
- More Space Efficient: the slim profile design of our screen enables it to fit and operate in the smallest of spaces while a conventional screen needs clearance for the arc that's created when it is swung open.
- Less Wear & Tear: because it can "disappear" out of the way, our screen is subject to far less wear & tear, while a conventional screen requires movement every time you want to pass through your doorway.
- Greater Durability: our screen's ability to self-store into its own protective housing makes it less vulnerable to harmful elements, severe weather and dirt.
- Better Warranty: our screen frames are protected by a manufacturer's limited lifetime warranty and our SuperScreen™ carries an unprecedented 10 year manufacturer's warranty.
- Single Retractable: less than 1 hour
- Double Retractable: approximately 90 minutes
- Motorized Roll-Up Screens: Varies from 90 minutes to 4 hours (excludes archway garage installations)
Care & Maintenance
To put it in perspective, Michele’s Hide-Away Screens has installed a few thousand E.R.U.’s over the last 15 years and have received less than 10 calls from customers were inconvenienced by an extended outage.