CAREER & JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT MICHELE'S HIDE-AWAY SCREENS
Job Title: INSTALLER/FIELD TECH
Training: ON THE JOB
Job Location: OCALA, FL (servicing Marion, Lake, Sumter & Citrus counties in company vehicle)
Position Type: FULL TIME/HOURLY
Compensation: BASED ON EXPERIENCE STARTING AT $12 / HR (opportunity for increase upon completion of training) + BENEFITS (after probationary period)
The Installer / Field Tech must possess above-average mechanical skills and consistently strive to provide superior workmanship in the installation and/or servicing of our specialty screen and shade products in a prompt, courteous and presentable manner. Responsibilities also include some general shop, warehouse & maintenance duties and occasional home show assistance.
Able to demonstrate above-average mechanical skills;
- Home improvement / building product (or comparable) installation experience preferred;
- Able to accurately read a tape measure (to 1/16”) & interpret detailed instructions;
- Able to safely and competently operate common power tools (saws, drills);
- Able to lift / carry up to 80 lbs.;
- Able to comfortably work on a ladder;
- Must be honest, reliable, detail-oriented and able to follow instructions;
- Must possess good communication (written & verbal) skills and critical thinking skills;
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation to/from work.
- Learn all aspects of our product line, from installation and repair to basic selling features & benefits.
- Perform service-oriented tasks including but not limited to: product installation; product troubleshooting and repairs; job prep, staging, cleanup and post-installation walk-thru with customers
- Maintain a clean & organized work area (applies to jobsite, in shop area and in company vehicle);
- Occasionally work home shows / promotional events;
- Perform general shop tasks such as receiving deliveries and storing orders; some light maintenance;
- Accurately document / update service & installation records.
Minimum: High School Degree or equivalent (GED)
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org