CAREER & JOB OPPORTUNITIES AT MICHELE'S HIDE-AWAY SCREENS
Job Title: INSTALLER / FIELD TECH
Training: ON THE JOB
Job Location: OCALA, FL (servicing Marion, Lake, Sumter & Citrus counties in company vehicle)
Position Type: FULL TIME/HOURLY
Compensation: Competitive hourly base pay (paid weekly) plus Incentives & bonuses*
Benefits: Paid time off, paid holidays, IRA, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability and AD&D insurance
*$1,000 Hiring Bonus: $250 paid after succesfully completing on-the-job training (able to install products unsupervised); $500 paid after reaching 6 months of employment; $250 paid after reaching 12 months of employment
The Installer / Field Tech must possess good mechanical skills and consistently strive to provide superior workmanship in the installation and/or servicing of our specialty screen and shade products in a prompt, courteous and presentable manner.
- Preferably at least 1-year related installation or construction experience such as Home improvement / building product (or comparable) /Handy-Man
- Must be honest, reliable, detail-oriented, and able to follow instructions
- Able to accurately read a tape measure (to 1/16”) & interpret detailed instructions
- Able to operate common power tools (saws, drills) safely and competently
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Repetitive standing, lifting, reaching, bending, climbing & kneeling
- Comfortable with working on ladders
- Must possess good communication (written & verbal) skills and critical thinking skills
- Willingness to learn about the products and processes.
- Must have a clean valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to/from work
- Basic math skills required
Minimum: High School Degree or equivalent (GED)