Motorized roll up screens adds value to any home. Homes that are built in areas where windows and doors remain open for large parts of the year need screens. Typical screens are considered part of the main structure of a home. Motorized roll up screens works in the same way as typical screens in that they screen out bugs, insects, dirt, and debris. Without screens covering doors and windows, insects, flies and other pests have free access to enter the home. Mosquitoes and flies breed quickly and are a nuisance. Keeping out flies and mosquitos was the first reason screens were added to the doors and windows of homes.
Motorized roll up screens add value to your home in the following five ways:
- Ease of operation - Typical screens are permanent fixtures. In order to remove a typical screen on days when screens are not needed, they have to be unscrewed, physically removed and stored. You can easily roll up a motorized retractable screen to allow for the full flow of air exchange. This solution is nice if you are entertaining and want to "bring the outside in" - especially for patio doors.
- Fresh air flow and enjoyment of the elements - There is value in a screen that rises just like the window does. This eliminates worries about losing the screen or screws. Also, it only takes 2 seconds to raise motorized roll-up screens as opposed to the several minutes or longer to physically remove and store typical screens.
- Create more liveable space - When a motorized roll up screen is added to a garage door, the possibilities for the use of the garage space become limitless. Considering the value of residential space (currently over $100 / square foot), it makes economic sense to create more "liveable" areas out of garages, porches, and lanais.
- Protection from harmful effects of the sun - Motorized roll up screens protects your paint, carpet, and furniture from the harmful effects of the sun with mesh that blocks up to 90% of the UV rays in our motorized roll-up screen. These solar-rated meshes are ideal for shading applications as well. Not only does this add value to your home, but it protects your health as well.
- Motorized roll up screens rarely has to be replaced - Typical screens on windows and doors have to be replaced several times throughout the life of your home. Wind, weather, mold and mildew quickly cause typical window and door screens to deteriorate. Because it can "disappear" out of the way, motorized roll-up screens is subject to far less wear & tear. Their ability to self-store into its protective housing makes it less vulnerable to harmful elements, severe weather, and dirt.
Consider what potential home buyers think when they compare a home with regular fixed in place screens and one with the motorized roll up screens. The value is clearly over and above on the roll up screen home, as a modern convenience. If you are ready to add value to your home with a motorized roll-up screen, contact a team member at Michele's Hide-Away Screens.