Easy Spring Cleaning to do List.
It's almost that time of year again! You look around your house, and you get a little twitch as you notice dust and clutter around. You get the urge to sweep the patio, dust the baseboards, and wash off the outdoor furniture. Spring cleaning is in the air, and we have a few tips to help you get through it and get your home sparkling clean.
It is easy to get overwhelmed, but if you work through your home one room at a time, it will feel less stressful.
Here are some clutter-busting tips to help your home shine!
Give the kitchen a clean makeover
• Clean sweep the kitchen. Start with your kitchen pantry and toss out any expired can goods and dry food. Donate any food that is still good that you don't want anymore.
• Next, move to your refrigerator and clean and wipe one shelf at a time and throw away any expired food. For a more thorough clean rinse, each shelf and drawer under the sink with warm soapy water.
• While you are at the sink, wipe it down with rubbing alcohol, and any stains on the bottom can be removed by lining the bottom with paper towels and letting them soak with bleach and hot water. Run an empty load in the dishwasher. Dirty sponges can be disinfected in the dishwasher or microwave.
• Cut up lemon slices and toss them in the garbage disposal with ice cubes to freshen it and remove odors. The lemon will deodorize, and the ice will help remove any residue.
• Use your favorite cleaner to wipe down counters, cabinets, and all other surfaces. This is a great time to organize pots and pans.
• Give the oven and stovetop a good wipe down. Also to for easy clean up add a disposable liner to the stovetop to help between deep cleanings.
• Take out the trash then give the can a good swipe. For extra dirty garbage cans, let them soak with hot water and a small amount of detergent.
Make that bathroom shine!
• In the bathroom, start with the countertops and make your way down through the drawers and under the sink. Throw out old makeup, nail polish, and expired beauty products. Donate unused curlers, flat irons, and curling irons. Organize all remaining items in shallow trays and baskets.
• Wash your shower curtain and liner with bathroom towels in hot water. The towels will help scrub any mildew from the liner.
• Unclog drains and your sink with a snake or drain cleaner. Scrub the tub and toilet and give them a good wipe down.
• Mirrors and glass surfaces can be cleaned with white vinegar. Use furniture oil to remove spots from metal door frames and towel hangers.
• Mix ½ cup baking soda and 1-gallon water to get the tile and grout extra clean.
Freshen your bedroom
• Remove sheets, pillowcases, and mattress cover and wash them in hot water and detergent. This is a perfect opportunity to vacuum between the mattress and box springs and behind the headboard.
• Go through drawers and your closet and throw away or donate clothes you don't wear anymore. Put out of season garments into storage. Most clothes can be washed in cold water but try to wash linens and towels on the hottest setting.
• Pick up any clutter lying around and wipe down dressers and mirrors: dust knick-knacks, lamps, and window seals.
• Vacuum carpets, rugs, and window coverings. Start in a corner and work your way in so you don't get trapped in the middle of the room.
• Steam clean carpets and take area rugs outside and shake them out.
• Interior walls and baseboards can be wiped with warm water and dish detergent. Any stubborn wall-stains can be touched up with paint.
• File away any essential documents and shred sensitive papers like credit card statements and bank notices. Recycle magazines, newspapers, and all other nonessential paper products.
• Test each smoke detector and change the batteries.
• Designate a drop zone for bags and shoes near the door to keep them out of the way of foot traffic
After the Spring Cleaning is done it is a great idea to open the doors and windows and let the fresh Spring air in. Michele's Hide-Away Screens can help you find the perfect retractable screens for your home. Contact our office today for afree quote.